Huelin family page
The Huelin family was in Jersey as early as the 13th century
The farming Huelins chartered an aircraft in 1951 for a holiday in France after a bumper potato season
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origin of Surname
Huelin is believed to be derived from Hue, a pet form of the given names Hugo and Hugues.
The family has been in Jersey since at least the 14th century, with a Huelin recorded in the 1309 Assize Roll. But there are indications that a new Huelin family arrived in the island as Huguenot refugees in the 16th or the 17th century.
There are Huelins in Spain, but it is not clear whether these also originate from refugees from France or whether this is an entirely different family with a different derivation of the surname.
Huguenots in the United States generally identify their ancestors with French Huguenots.
Baptism records start with Jeanne, daughter of Timothee, in St Brelade in 1587, but Francoise Huelin is known to have been born in St Helier in about 1512 and married Andrew Aubin
- Huelin, 1292
- Hullyn 1528
- Huglyn c1340
- Ulin, a Dutch variation
- Descendants of Elie Huelin and Susanne Coutanche
- Descendants of Jacques Huelin, a much expanded version of the above tree
- Descendants of Philip Huelin
- Descendants of Jean Huelin and Elizabeth Le Feuvre
- Descendants of Philippe Huelin
- Descendants of Jean Huelin and Jeanne du Heaume
- Descendants of Philippe Huelin and Jeanne Vichen
- Descendants of Jean Huelin and Anne Le Gros
- Descendants of Jean Huelin Added 2016
Great War service
- Thomas Egbert Huelin ran a grocery at No 45 King Street in the 1850s
- J F Huelin was a draper at 33 King Street in the 1890s
Prominent family members
- Senator Gwyneth Huelin, 20th century Jersey politician and long-time president of the Public Health Committee
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs