Ingouville family page
George Henry Ingouville wearing his Victoria Cross
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origin of Surname
This is an old Norman surname of a family established in Jersey for many centuries, but now apparently extinct.
The first representatives in Jersey presumably came from Ingouville sur Mer, a seaside commune in upper Normandy. Other members of the family in Jersey are thought to have arrived much later, as Huguenot refugees
The first baptism record, that of Jean, son of Gilles, dates from 1604 in St Saviour but his brother Gilles is known to have been baptised in the parish in 1603. In 1625 he sold a field called Le Clos Daublin which he had bought from Jean Mourant to Richard Dumaresq.
- Marie Ingouville was married to Pierre Le Quesne in Trinity on 13 July 1625
- Ingrouille. This name, common in Guernsey, is thought to be entirely distinct from Ingouville.
- Descendants of Gilles Ingouville and Jeanne Falle
- Descendants of Gilles Ingouville, this tree is from a separate source and has more dates and an editor's note
Great War service
- Ernest James Ingouville (St H), Private RASC
These wills created by members of the Ingouville family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Charles Ingouville of St Saviour, bequeaths to the poor of St Saviour, 10 shillings sterling 16 April 1785 - D/Y/A/13
- Elizabeth Ingouville of St Peter, now of St Helier 2 December 1726 - D/Y/A/6
- George Ingouville of 71 St George's Square, Pimlico, Middlesex and of Jersey - 10 May 1871, D/Y/A/35
- Isabel Ingouville of 8 Victoria Crescent, St Helier - 28 March 1898, D/Y/A/57
- Jean Ingouville 6 February 1725 - D/Y/A/5
- Jeanne Ingouville of St Helier, now of St Martin, desires to be buried in St Saviour's Cemetery, bequeaths residue if movable goods to the poor of St Saviour and St Martin - 29 March 1871, D/Y/A/35
- Maria Ingouville - 23 July 1881, D/Y/A/42
- Pierre Ingouville of Jersey, now of Hyères 4 September 1860 - D/Y/A/30