Joslin family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The name may be linked to Josselin and Joscelin, and be associated with the Brittany town Josselin, but it may also come from further afield in the Charente Maritime or Vendee departments further down the west coast of France.
Joslin first appeared in Jersey records in the first decade of the 19th century. It has not yet proved possible to construct any meaningful and reliable family trees showing more than two generations of Joslins present in the island.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Francis Joslin (1874-1915) son of John and Mary Joslin, OV. Major in Royal West Kent Regiment, killed in action
These wills created by members of the Joslin family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Elizabeth Joslin of St Helier - 21 January 1890, D/Y/A/49
- Fanny Joslin of St Saviour, now of St Helier, widow of Thomas Fallaize, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 5s - 11 July 1874, D/Y/A/37
- John Joslin, Parade Lodge, Saville Street, St Helier - 21 December 1909, D/Y/A/68
- John Joslin - 20 July 1894, D/Y/A/53
Major Francis Joslin, killed in action in World War 1
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs