Jouault family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origin of Surname
Jouault is a French surname derived from the Germanic forename Gaud-Wault or Gaud-Wald. The Jersey family originated in Granville on the coast of Normandy and came to the island in the early 19th century.
The first Jouault baptised in Jersey was Rosalie Jane, first of nine children of Julien Andre and Jane Wimbee, in St Helier on 31 December 1826.
- Jouault family history by Nick Jouault
- Edward Jouault, the Jersey soldier who went in search of a colleague in Normandy in WW2, was shot at, injured, captured, met Rommel, escaped and won the Military Medal.
- Wikipedia family history
Great War service
- John Louis Jouault (St H), Lieutenant Royal Garrison Artillery, Croix de Guerre
- Collas Jouault was in business as a shoe, glass and tea merchant at 53 King Street in the 1850s ...
- ... his business was also listed at 10 Broad Street
Family photograph album
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs