Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Route de La Trinite, Trinity
Type of property
18th century cottage split into two dwelling units
Sold for £1,050,000 in 2021. It appears from the estate agent's photographs below advertising the property earlier in the year that it was sold as a single unit. The property was described as being in need of complete restoration
Families associated with the property
- Derouet: In 1941 Emma Louise Derouet, nee Noel (1905- ) was living here with her sons Cyril George (1925- ), Geoffrey Edgar (1927- ) and Clifford Noel (1929- )
Historic Environment Record entry
Grade 3 listed building
Single storey cottage of 18th century origins, retaining historic character and features, with 19th century extension. Shown on Richmond map, 1795.
Detached, single storey with attic, six-bay. Pitched slate roof, two small central roof lights, two rendered chimneys set in by one bay from gable ends.
Single storey lean-to extension along east side, including former washhouse with chimney, catslide roof, another smaller extension to west end, formerly washhouse with chimney in granite rubble north wall, now kitchen, back door in brick east wall.
Two dwellings. Each two room, single pile.
Some historic features survive. Western half: side entrance and staircase; in western room, rear doorway with granite threshold, formerly external door, to kitchen in wing. East half: central lobby and steep staircase, timber panelled doors to rooms on either side; east room: modern fireplace on east wall with exposed granite corbel to south, believed by owner to be only one surviving of this fireplace, adjacent to south: doorway to small room, 19th century iron fireplace; granite threshold in rear doorway of central room to modern extension, formerly external door. Attic between chimneys has in east room large curved chimney breast (above fireplace with surviving corbel); both attic rooms have roof trusses suggesting alteration to roof pitch when thatch was replaced by slates.