L'Augee

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Historic Jersey buildings


L'Augee Farm, St Helier


H20L'AugeeFarmStH.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

L'Augee Farm

Other names

L'Augee

Location

Grande Route de Mont a l'Abbe, St Helier

Type of property

Farm

Families associated with the property

Datestones

TPN♥♥MLG 1802 -For Thomas Pinel and Marguerite Le Gros of St Lawrence, who married in St Helier on 13 July 1793. By 1841 Thomas and Marguerite, with their youngest daughters, Nancy and Betsey, had moved into town and were living in Simon Place

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building A good survival of a farm group that has evolved over time with evidence of the various phases from medieval to 19th century. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Rare surviving evidence of late medieval features and fabric indicating an open hall construction. Surviving features such as bakehouse and copper are of social historical value.

The two-cell main farmhouse possibly originally of mid-15th century construction, evidenced by lamp brackets either side of the fireplace in the east gable wall, stone hood on the chimney and stone surrounds on main entrance and windows.

Bakehouse and washhouse still contains 19th century bread oven, fireplace and copper.

Old Jersey Houses

Not mentioned in either volume

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs