La Chesnee Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

La Chesnee Farm, Trinity


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

La Chesnee Farm

Other names


Route de La Trinite, Trinity

Type of property

18th century farm


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • De La Cour: In 1941 William Alfred de La Cour (1880- ), his wife Mary Ann, nee Cadiou (1874- ) and their duaghter Sylvia Maud (1902- ) were living here

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Historic farm group, with 18th century and likely earlier origins, retaining historic character and some features.

A group of buildings, including the house and a wing alongside the road, is shown on the Richmond map 1795. There is a 1701 datestone on the gable end of the outbuilding range.

Small farmstead comprising main house with outbuilding range alongside road. The house is south-facing 4 bay, 2 storey. Steeply pitched slate roof, dressed granite chimneystacks on east and west gables, each with thatch dripstones and top course bedded on projecting slates.

There is a central gabled stair tower in rubble granite with dressed stonework. It has a pitched slate roof and dressed gable verge with moulded kneelers. Lean-to extensions flank the tower.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs