La Cornuerie Farm
- La Cornuerie Cottages
- Maison Le Cornuerie
- Cornurie Farm: As found in 1871 census
- La Cornurie: As found in 1891 census
- La Parbatie Farm: As shown in 1871 census to be part of La Cornuerie Farm group
- Cournerie Lodge 
- Cournerie Farm
- Cournerie House
- La Conuerie
- La Petite Maison, listed separately
Ruelle du Clos du Parcq
Type of property
Farm group divided into separate units
- Maison La Cornuerie was sold for £60,689 in 2001
Families associated with the property
- Le Cornu: The name of the property is likely to have come from the family name Le Cornu, although there is no indication that anyone of this name was living there at the time the name was adopted. The occupants shown in 19th century census returns may have been tenants. Although the name is masculine - Le Cornu - ferme is feminine, so the French name would be La Ferme Cornu, or La Cornuerie
- Turmel: In 1941 Rene Francois Turmel (1898- ) was living here with his wife Anne Marie, nee Ollivier (1890- ) and their children Francois Rene (1928- ), Rene Theophile (1930- ) and Jean Pierre (1934- )
- The property is listed as Cornurie Farm in the 1871 census - the first time it appears to have had a name. The occupants are shown as Philip Le Rive, farming 15 acres, his wife Nancy and their daughter and grand-daughter. A second household comprised stonemason Thomas Le Marchand and his family
- The 1871 census also included Cornurie Cottage, and between the two, La Parbaterie, which is presumed to have been part of the farmstead. La Parbaterie Farm was home to the Le Ray family: Philip John, a farmer of nine acres, his wife Ann (Nancy), nee Romeril, and their nine children
- The 1881 census shows Cournerie Cottage, Cournerie Lodge, Cournerie Farm and Cournerie House. The cottage was occupied by farmer Philip Biard, his wife Elizabeth, nee De Ste Croix, and two daughters. The farm was home to stonemason Philip Rive, his wife Marguerite, nee Thoreau, and their seven children. Another stonemason, John Malzard, occupied the Lodge, with his wife Marie Elizabeth, nee Rive, and four children, the youngest of whom was only 15 days old. The House was home to farmer of five acres Elias Rive, his wife Mary Ann, nee Le Marchand, their three children and Mary Ann's widowed mother Marie. 
- The 1891 census shows three families living here: Farmer John Le Ray  and his wife Elizabeth; Farmer Elias Rive and family, as shown in 1881; Farmer John Ahier, his wife Anne Marie and their three children.
- The property was not sub-divided for the 1901 census, but several households were again shown living there. The Rive, Ahier and Le Ray families are again shown
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group, now subdivided. La Cornuerie Farm: Early origins, retaining original character and features from 16th and 18th centuries. Five-bay, two-storey farmhouse with lean-to on side.
La Cornuerie Cottages: 18th century, and potentially earlier farm cottage range retaining some original external character and stonework, contributing to group value and the streetscape character of the narrow lane. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Evidence points to origins as 17th century farm building, converted to house in 18th century. Late 20th century alterations.
Notes and references
- ↑ These names may be errors in the census, or our errors in interpreting the enumerators' handwriting. The property name has almost certainly always been La Cornuerie, or variations starting Cornu...
- ↑ Philip and Elias Rive and Marie Elizabeth Malzard were siblings
- ↑ Presumably the son of Philip and Ann from the 1871 census