Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Route de Maufant, St Saviour
Type of property
19th century farmhouse
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- PDGC MAGF 1872 - For Philippe de Gruchy and Marie Anne Godfray
- IGF FVP 1735 - For Jean Godfray and Françoise Valpy, both of St Martin, married in Trinity in 1718
Historic Environment Record entry
A good survival of a 19th century farmhouse maintaining its integrity with various designed farm buildings and potential links to an earlier property on the site.
Five-bay, two-storey house with three-bay, two-storey extension to the east, Single bay, single storey extension to the west. Surrounded at rear with farm buildings around a square yard.
Elliptical arch carriage entrance, dated 1878.
House has been divided into two properties. Double pile, central passage. Staircase opposite entrance with mahogany handrail. First floor east room retains timber fire surround, and four panel doors to the alcoves on either side. Ground floor, rear west room has granite opening with timber shelf above it, panels above it and built in dresser in the alcove to the side. Kitchen in west side extension has matchboard panelling. Farm building on the west has original timber beams and hooks.
Old Jersey Houses
Referring to the Jean Godfray datestone, a brief entry in Volume Two records a contract of 1732 by which Michel Lempriere, of Dielament, sold land on the Fief du Roi in St Saviour to Jean Godfray, son of Edmond, son of Jean. The land included Le Clos de Noe Le Fevre out etait la maison anciennement appellee le Clos de Maufant.