La Gerche family page
Judith La Gerche married Thomas Vibert in St Peter in 1793
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
Charles Stephens, the author of our Comprehensive list of Jersey surnames notes that La Gerche comes from the French for 'clothes moth', although how a surname arose from such a connection is anybody's guess.
The family's presence in the island can be traced back to 1627 in the St Peter baptism registers, but no earlier in any official documents.
- La Gerche, 1668
- Baudains dit La Gerche
- Descendants of Francois La Gerche
- Descendants of Jean La Gerche
- Descendants of Philippe La Gerche
- Descendants of Jean La Gerche and Marie Noe
Births and baptisms
These wills created by members of the La Gerche family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- François La Gerche 30 May 1743 - D/Y/A/7
- Betsey La Gerche of St Saviour, widow of Philippe Bailhache, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 10s - 4 May 1885, D/Y/A/44