La Pointe, St O

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

La Pointe, St Ouen


There is another property of the same name at the junction of another Rue de La Pointe, and Grande Route de St Ouen, further south in the parish

Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

La Pointe, Vinchelez


At the junction of Rue de La Pointe and Rue des Pallieres

Type of property

Historic farm group with early 18th or 17th century origins

Families associated with the property

Census - The 1851 census shows the property occupied by farmer Philip Le Gresley (1806- ), his wife Ann (1805- ) and their children Ann Mary, Philip Perree, Mary Arthur, Augusta Jane and Louisa Jane, ranging in age from 11 to 2

The 1901 census shows the Le Boutillier family in two households here. Farmer Edward Le Boutillier (1865- ) was living with his wife Mary Ann, nee Alexandre (1866- ) and their children Wilfred (1887- ) and Hilda (1890- ). In the dower wing Edward's widowed mother Mary Elizabeth, nee Le Huquet (1844- ) was living with her other sons George (1867- ) and Thomas (1871- ) who farmed separately, and daughter Amy (1883- ), a dressmaker. Also in the household was widow Elizabeth Le Boutillier (1815- )[1]


Stone in stable with 1734 but the rest of the inscription not deciphered

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Historic farm group, including circa 1810-20 house, retaining historic character and features. Associated farm buildings. McCormack proposes late 18th century origins.

Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795 - refronted early 19th century.

Outbuildings principally 19th century.

Former farm group comprising main farmhouse with converted barn adjoining to east, and detached laverie/boulangerie to south. Rear extension. Main house: two-storey, five-bay.

Old Jersey Houses

"This is an example of a small farm complete with all its appurtenances, including accommodation for horses, cows, heifers, pigs, hay and potato lofts and bakehouse. The cement cladding of the house masks its age, but careful examiunation suggests that it is early 18th, if not 17th century, and that it almost certainly had a tourelle stairway.
"An adjustment of rents in about 1780 shows that the house then belonged to Amice Perree, having previously belonged to Jean Le Cornu, son of Jean, of Les Landes."

Notes and references

  1. Described as 'grandmother'. Whose grandmother she was is not clear, but she was not Edouard's
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs