On the coast
La Pulente, with the sweep of St Ouen's Bay behind
This is known to islanders as the Five Mile Road, although the straight section to Les Laveurs is actually somewhat shorter.
Parliamentary troops landed in the bay in the dark on 23 October 1851, but out of sight of the gun battery at La Pulente.
Today there is a small group of recently built houses to the north of La Pulente Inn, a building which was completely gutted during the German Occupation and had to be rebuilt.