Laffoley family page
Gladys Laffoley, nee O'Brien
If you can help with information about the Laffoley family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
Laffoley (la folle) was considered to be foolish or crazy.
It is a very early Jersey surname, appearing in the Short Inquisition of 1274.
Blais and Nicholas Laffoley are included in the Jersey Chantry Certificate of 1550.
Baptisms first appear in the St Saviour registers in 1543.
- Jean L'Affoley was born in Grouville about 1517 and Married Elisabeth Bertram on 19 November 1642
- Jacques Laffoley was born in Grouville about 1535. They had a son Jacques.
- Laffoley, c1340
- Lafolly 1528
- La Foley 1351
- Le Affole 1274
- La Folley
These two trees are almost identical but come from different sources. The first has three earlier generations and the second has some extra detail
- Descendants of Clement Laffoley
- Descendants of Clement Laffoley and Jean Laffoley, an extended version of the above tree, from a new source
- Descendants of Francois Laffoley
- Descendants of Philippe Laffoley NEW
Great War service
- Auvergne Farm, St Peter
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs