Lamerton family page
Harold Richard Lamerton
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and family photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is a locational name from Lamberton in Devon, deriving from the old English lamb - burna meaning 'a stream where lambs are washed' plus tun = 'enclosure' or 'settlement' - a settlment by a stream where lambs are washed.
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was the baptism of William John son of John Lamerton and Jane Ellis Baker in Grouville, in 1856
Great War service
- Arthur Lamerton (1891- ) son of Elizabeth, Private, Dorset Regiment
- Arthur H W Lamerton (1886- ) son of Robert and Elizabeth Lamerton (Mercantile Marine)
- Harold Francis Lamerton (1890- ) son of Blanche, Private, Labour Corps
- Harold Richard Lamerton (1897- ) (St H) son of Richard and Harriet Mary Allix, Gunner RGA
- Lamerton burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs