If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
We have been unable to find any suggestions for the derivation of this name, or anything spelt similarly.
The first records of the family in Jersey are in the 1860s. It is not clear which part of France Jean Laugeard, his wife Sophie and their first four children arrived from. They settled in St Helier, moved to St Saviour, and back to St Helier, and had six more children.
- Laugeé, possibly a variant
- Lauges, possibly a variant
Births and baptisms
Family members who served in the Great War
- Charles Isidore Laugeard DCM (1888-1918) son of John and Elizabeth Laugeard, husband of Lilian Esther, Sergeant, Hampshire Regiment, killed in action. Elizabeth's first husband, Walter Gaudin Mason, like Charles Laugeard, a former Jersey policeman, was killed in action in 1917. further information
- Harold Nation Laugeard (St C), ex-RMIJ, Driver, Royal Field Artillery
This will created by a member of the Laugeard family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Walter Laugeard, 3 Hawthorne Terrace, Hansford Lane, Millbrook - 10 December 1943, D/Y/A/111