Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Le Carrefour 
Route de St Jean, St John
Type of property
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Although Occupation registrations held by Jersey Archive include families at Le Carrefour, it is not certain whether it was this property or the nearby one of the same name that they lived in
- 18 PLR MAG 96 - This stone has not been deciphered. The husband's initials 'PLR' could fit any number of surnames beginning Le R.. but the only match for 'AG' is Angel, and there are no marriage records for a woman with this family name
Historic Environment Record entry
This three-bay house with early 17th century origins retains its historic proportions and character. The outbuildings and pigsties, along with the house, form a cohesive farm group which contributes to the rural setting.
There is some evidence of a property on the site in the early 17th century. McCormack Channel Island Houses dates the existing three-bay house to circa 1600, and accoladed lintels appear on houses built between circa 1606-1636. However, the precise dating of the house is unclear as it does not align with the buildings shown on the 1795 Richmond Map.
The outshot extension and outbuildings were added in the 19th century.
The farmhouse is two-storey, three-bay, with later two-storey wing to west. The house displays Jersey’s vernacular tradition in the use of local materials and details.
Old Jersey Houses
Notes and references
- ↑ Meaning 'crossroads' it is not unexpected that there are a number of properties of this name in Jersey. It is perhaps surprising that there are actually only six (there are others with longer names) and all of them in the north of the island - one in St Ouen, one in St Mary, two in St John and two in Trinity