Le Coin Farm St Lawrence

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Le Coin Farm, St Lawrence


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Le Coin Farm

Other names

  • The Cottage
  • Beau Coin, formerly Le Petit Coin
  • Le Coin Court


Grande Route de St Jean

Type of property

19th century farm


Beau Coin sold for £520,000 in 2008

Families associated with the property


  • 1851 - no initials
  • FLB MJBC 1874 - On The Barn, which was originally an outbuilding. [1]

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A mid-19th century farm house retaining original exterior features and character. Former five-bay, two-storey farm house (Le Coin Farm House) with single-storey wings on either side (The Cottage and Beau Coin). West wing has paired chimneys formed as bellcote. Tiny peephole window by rear door to farmhouse. Converted and altered former farm buildings to rear.

Notes and references

  1. Said by HER, copied from the Datestone Register, to be for Francis and Mary J Le Brocq. The attribution is based on the 1871 census return, but these records do not give maiden names for wives, and MJBC clearly does not match Le Brocq. We believe that the couple were Francis Le Brocq (1840- ) and Mary Bichard (1832- ) who married at St Saviour in November 1869. The ages match those given in the census return. The only problem is that the datestone and the census record indicate that Mary's second forename started with J, whereas the marriage record shows her as Mary Ann. We think that there must be an error in the marriage register. There is no record for another couple who would match
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs