Le Hurel Farm, St L

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Le Hurel Farm, St Lawrence


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Le Hurel Farm

Other names

  • Le Hurel Cottage, believed to be part of the property converted to residential use


Ruette Pinel, St Lawrence

Type of property

19th century farm group


Le Hurel Cottage sold for £409,000 in 2008, £750,000 in 2010 and £845,000 in 2018

Families associated with the property

  • Le Gros, recorded on the 1802 datestone and in 1941 Francis George Le Gros (1916- ), his wife Emma Marette, nee Rondel (1913- ) and their daughter Doreen Emma were living here.
  • Baudains - Occupation records also show that Harold Edward Baudains (1904- ), his wife Helene Mary, nee Le Chanu (1905- ) and their sone Donald Edward were living here in 1941


  • ILG SRD 1802 - For Jean Le Gros and Susanne Rondel, who married in 1799

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Historic farmstead of early 19th century origins, retaining historic character and some original features. Earlier property shown on the same site on the 1795 Richmond Map.

Former farm group, comprising five-bay, two-storey house with two-bay wing on the west side; a 1½ storey outbuilding range along the southeast side of the yard; and a single-storey bakehouse on the western side.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs