Le Marais, St O

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Le Marais, St Ouen


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Le Marais

Other names

  • Le Marais Farm


Rue des Fouonnaises, St Ouen

Type of property

Early 18th century four-bay house


There are records of the sale of Le Marais Farm, Rue des Fouonnaises, for £507,500 in 2006 and £600,000 in 2013

Families associated with the property

  • Le Marais is a district of St Ouen and although there are several Occupation identity card references to the name, it is not clear which, if any, relate to this particular property

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A circa 1700 two-storey, four-bay house, with some alterations, retaining early 18th century character and features, and a good example of traditional Jersey pierre perdu render finish. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Rubble granite construction with rough dressed quoins and enlarged openings, circa 1730, finished in traditional pierre perdu mortar. Some alterations to ground floor openings.

The staircase is of a reconstructed 18th century style. No fireplaces are visible in the ground floor rooms, which are partitioned. There are six-panel doors throughout, circa 1820.

18th century A-frame roof said to exist within the roof-space although not now supporting the later 19th century slate-roof.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs