Le Quelenec family page
Francis Peter Ferbrache, Adeline Le Quelenec and their children, Freda and Alice
If you can help with information about the Le Quelenec family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
We have not been able to find any information on the origins of this surname. The family comes from the north of Brittany.
The name first appeared in Jersey records in the 1860s, although it has been suggested that William Le Quellenec, who is at the head of the tree below, was born in St Saviour in 1855.
It is thought that at least two separate Le Quelenec families came to Jersey from Brittany.
- Le Quelenec
- Le Quellenec
Great War service
- William Joseph Le Quelenec (1883- ) (St S) husband of Elizabeth Anne Jeffrey, Private, Royal Marine Light Infantry
- Charles Oscar Le Quelenec (1880- ) (St H) husband of Alice Maud Mary Tirel, Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles, ex-RMIJ
- Charles Pierre Le Quelenec (1886-1968) (St H)]] m (1919, Calais) Marie Louise Julie Guilbert, Sergeant RE
- Francois Henri Le Quelenec (1875-1917) (Jersey) husband of Julia Le Prevost, L-Sgt Royal Guernsey Light Infantry, died in Guernsey
- Charles Oscar Le Quelenec
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs