Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Les Escaliers 
Rue de Fremont, St John
Type of property
Single storey cottage
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Historic Environment Record entry
Single storey cottage and outbuilding with circa 1700 origins, retaining some early features in both buildings including fireplace and datestone. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Early 18th century cottage and outbuilding (gable kneeler dated 1700) with early-mid 19th century alterations. Two- room, single pile, central hallway and staircase. In south room large granite fireplace, smaller fireplace in north room, possibly modern. Panelled timber doors in stud walls. Attic with 2 rooms and large granite lintel in wall of south gable. Outbuilding: used for storage, fireplace at west end, mid-20th century copper adjacent; ceiling with early beams, attic above, refloored, storage area.
Old Jersey Houses
No profile included in either volume, despite age of house.
The datestone is listed in Vol 2, but wrongly shown as IVP KL