Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Les Niemes Lodge
Grande Route de St Pierre, St Peter
Type of property
19th century cottage
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Le Feuvre: Early 19th century into the 20th century
- Main: David and Lucy Main, the latter nee Hay,  lived here after WW2. They founded a Nursery garden, which was based at the property, and was intended for a link with that of Tom Anthoine at Longueville, and with geranium and pelargonium production by Bill Dixon at Noirmont Manor. However, the `great freeze` of 1963 put paid to the plan. Les Niemes Nursery, however, continued on its own. Facing retirement, David Main planted a wooded area at the end of the garden. Matching granite pillars within the house were intended to mirror those of the porch, at their friends` home of Noirmont
- PLF 1828 - For Philippe Le Feuvre, who lived here. His father owned Les Niemes
- RH ♥♥ LM 1983. Roger Harris and Lesley Morris and the year they bought the house from the Mains, on the fireplace
Historic Environment Record entry
Not a listed building following significant internal and external changes in the 20th century.
The south elevation of the three-bay house and west outbuilding retain their proportions. The only remaining historic feature is the datestone as windows and door are replacements. There are significant extensions to the rear and west which detract architecturally.
The loss of interior plan and features reduce the historic significance.
Gable to road. Two-storey, three-bay with single storey outbuilding wing to east. West wing has second storey built in 20th century.
Originally central entrance from south, single pile plus outshot. West wing accessed from three-bay house late 20th century. Internal partitions removed. 20th century stair now in rear extension. Fireplaces 20th century.
Notes and references
- ↑ Associated with Hay`s Wharf, in London