Les Sts Germains Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Les Sts Germains Farm, St Lawrence


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Les Sts Germains Farm

Other names

  • Saint Germains [1]


Rue des Hamonnets, St Lawrence

Type of property

1870 rural house which became a farm


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property



  • MLP ICB 1683 - not deciphered
  • PL 1699 EP - For Philippe Laurens, son of Pierre, and Elizabeth Poingdestre who married in 1688 at St Lawrence
  • HNC RLC - Although there is no date the initials may represent Henry Nicolle and Rachel Le Cras, who were married in 1765
  • ANC 1809 - For Anne Nicolle (1800- ), only child of Henry Nicolle and Anne Le Feuvre
  • PLB ♥♥ ERD 1870 - For Philippe Le Brun (1815-1889) and Esther Rondel (1813-1885), who bought the property from Anne Nicolle in 1866

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

1870 rural house, built on the site of an earlier 17th century property, with a good survival of original 19th century interior and exterior features, and a 17th century double arch. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Extended at rear with new farm buildings. Jersey double arch entrance to yard, chamfered with acorn chamfer stops at base. Small two-storey stone lodge at gateway, Low rendered boundary wall on south side with iron gate.

Old Jersey Houses

Briefly mentioned in article about to Les Sts Germains

Notes and references

  1. This is what the property is called by the present owners, but it should at least be Saints Germains
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs