Les Vaux

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This 17th century property, which was owned by the Gibaut family for a long time, merits only a passing mention in Joan Stevens' Old Jersey Houses. She records that in 1849 it was owned by Mr E Gibaut, and in the second volume she notes that seven years earlier it had cost £32 to reroof the house.

The Jersey Datestone Register records a stone inscribed AGB ECT 1900. for Abraham Gibaut, son of Jean and Elizabeth Coutanche, daughter of Henry, of St John, who married in St Lawrence in 1869.

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs