From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Lynton, St Martin


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name



Rue des Marettes, St Martin

Type of property

19th century house, a school in the first half of the 20th century


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • Perchard: The school was started by Elise Perchard and was later run by Edith Blampied, nee Springate. It had at least 20 pupils during the Occupation and closed soon after the war ended
  • Blampied: In 1941 Stanley Blampied (1885- ) and his wife Edith Amy, née Springate (1885- ) were living here. The couple married at Gouray Church in 1916. Stanley was a clerk, son of John and Elise, nee Perchard, and Edith was the daughter of Archelaus

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A late 19th century house retaining original exterior features and character. Previously used as a school which closed after World War II.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs