Mace family page
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname was derived from a Medieval personal name from the old Anglish maessa, meaning 'glorious victory'
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was the baptism of four children of Gabriel Marc Julien Mace and Susanne Machon together in St Clement in 1809. Two more were baptised there early in the next decade
Great War service
- Alfred Felix Mace (1882- ) (Tr) son of Aimable Honore and Mary, ex-RMIJ, Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- William Lucas Mace (1896- ) (St H) son of William and Alice Louisa Lucas, Private, Machine Gun Corps
- Arthur Edwin Macey (1899- ) (St H) son of George William and Caroline Louisa Churchill, ex-RMIJ, Gunner, RGA
- Edward James Macey (1899- ), Ordinary Seaman, HMS Hecla
- George Edward Macey (1879- ) son of George and Annie, husband of Emily Blanche, (Tr) ex-RMIJ, Private, Canada
These wills created by members of the family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Rose Macé, St Lucia, Chestnut Avenue, Maufant, St Saviour, widow of Gilles Marie Guégan - 21 November 1945, D/Y/A/114
- William Macey residing at the Masonic Temple, Stopford Road, St Helier - 24 July 1946, D/Y/A/116
- Mace burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs