Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Maison de Derriere 
- Cider Press Cottage
- The Old Nursery
Rue des Friquettes, St Saviour
Type of property
18th century country house, now divided into six residential units
- 1 Maison de Derriere sold for £387,500 in 2005; £450,000 in 2008 and £625,000 in 2016
- 1a Maison de Derriere (Cider Press Cottage) sold for £207,500 in 2005 and £380,000 in 2018
- 3 Maison de Derriere sold for £355,000 in 2015
- 4 Maison de Derriere (The Old Nursery) sold for £889,000 in 2020
- 5 Maison de Derriere sold for £585,000 in 2015
Families associated with the property
- Le Moucheux: In 1941 Frederick Peter Le Moucheux (1904- ) and his children Cecille Hilda (1930- ), Simonne Marie (1934- ), Frederick Desene (1935- ), Cyril Peter, Raymond Edward (1936- ), Violet Lucille (1937-2019) and Dulcie Jeanne were living here. Frederick's wife Jeanne Marie, nee Desene (1907- ) died in 1943 and her registration card would have been destroyed. All the children were born here
- Mourant: In 1901 farmer Philip Richardson Mourant (1856- ) and his wife Lydia Renouf, nee Le Breton (1865- ) were living here with their sons Philip Le Breton (1895- ) and George (1897- ) and daughter Miriam (1898- ) 
- 17 PM ♥ SG 16 - For Philippe Mourant and Sara Gallichan, who married in St Saviour in 1711 
Historic Environment Record entry
House with early 18th century origins, retaining historic character and original interior and exterior features. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Two-storey, irregular four-bay house with two-bay dower wing.
Slate roof, 3 substantial dressed granite chimneys with thatch stones. Dressed stone verge on east gable.
Old Jersey Houses
Notes and references
- ↑ Translates as 'the house at the back'
- ↑ Philip was not directly descended from Philippe and Sara on the datestone (below) but a close family connection is likely
- ↑ We have not been able to locate the couple in any of our Mourant family trees