Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Maison de l'Etacq
Route de l'Etacq
Type of property
Farm with 18th century origins and 19th century alterations. Divided into flats
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Historic Environment Record entry
The main house, along with its now integrated earlier cottage, rear service-wing and pigsty, retains exterior historic character and contributes to the rural scenic streetscape.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
North outbuilding with west extension.
There is an open mahogany staircase in the main house with a round handrail, sectional/turned balusters, sectional/turned newel-post and appliqué to risers, circa 1890. There are four-panel doors throughout. One late 19th century fireplace survives. Within the earlier rear cottage is the outline of an 18th century stone fireplace, adapted into a cupboard in 20th century, and a chamfered beam with a scroll stop, a planked door and an unusual 18th century door with six fielded-panels