Mallet family page
This name is found spelt Malet, Mallet and Mallett
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
Malet comes from the Old French maleit, accursed. The first Malet may have been excommunicated, or he may have seemed dogged by misfortune.
Spelt Mallet, the name is very common today in Normandy, and records there show Turstinus Malet (10079), Tostinus Malet (1109), Robertus Malet (1220) and Malet de Altifago (1337).
Isabella Mallet (b abt 1475 in Grouville), the daughter of John Mallet, married Jean Payn of St Martin.
Payne's Armorial of Jersey
A detailed history of the family is included in this work. See full article.
- Mallet, 1607
- Malet, 1280
The next two trees overlap with the one above but are from a different source
- Descendants of Richard Malet
- Descendants of Philippe Mallet
- Descendants of Philippe Mallet - 2
- Descendants of Jean Mallet of Grouville 1440
- Descendants of Laurens Mallet (1470)
The following two trees, from different sources, show the same descendancy
- Descendants of Jean Mallet (1460)
- Descendants of Thomas Mallet
- Descendants of Philippe Mallet - 3
- Descendants of Philippe Mallett
Great War service
- Clement Mallet's fruit and veg business
- John Mallet was a watchmaker and jeweller at 41 King Street from the 1870s to the 1920s
- C and J Mallet ran a grocery at 67 King Street in the 1880s
- John Mallet was a hotel keeper at 2 Halkett Place in 1881
- Mallet's Hotel was at 1 Queen Street in 1880
- Draper Philip Mallet was at 37 Queen Street in the 1880s
- Tobacconist Philip George Mallet was at 24 Queen Street in the 1880s
- Philip Mallet was a tobacconist at 28 Queen Street in the 1870s
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs