Mason family page
This name is found in Jersey records as far back as the 16th century, but it is unlikely that members of the family in the island today could trace their ancestry back to them
Soldier Isaac Mason married Sara Lewis at St Martin in 1752
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
He was a stonemason, from the French masson. After the Norman conquest the French introduced the word along with stone buildings to Britain.
The first Mason records appeared in Jersey church records in the 16th century.
- Le Masson
Great War service
- Walter Gaudin Mason (1884-1917) son of George Bassingham Mason and Harriette Anne, nee Le Clercq, Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery, killed in action
- George E Mason, Private, East Surrey Regiment
- Henry Arsene Mason (St My), ex-RMIJ, Private, RASC
These wills created by members of the Mason family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- George Mason, 1 Dunell Road, St Saviour - 20 June 1903, D/Y/A/62
- Arthur Mason, St Helier - 13 May 1942, D/Y/A/109