Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Grande Rue, St Mary
Type of property
18th century farm, rebuilt in the 1970s. Although some original stone was used, nothing remains of the historic structure
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Pearce: Mabel Annie Pearce was living here when her will was registered in 1973
- IGD MSC 1761 - for Jean Grindin and Marguerite Servant, who married in St Mary on 17 December 1752
Historic Environment Record entry
Farm group of 18th century origins. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Almost the entire building was demolished with the exception of the original granite walls and rebuilt. Work stated in August 1970 and finished in 1972. Two-storey, three-bay house with original façade; farm buildings built around an inner courtyard on three sides, open to the south. Within the courtyard, the main external walls of the house are solid granite, some of which is original, but most at the first floor level is new. New roof.