Mc Donald family page
Mary Mc Donald married Alexander Mc Donald in 1749 in St Martin
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This Scottish surname means 'son of Donald', which apparently implies 'son of the world leader'.
Several different Mc Donald families became established in Jersey in the middle of the 18th century.
- Mc Donald
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Charles James McDonald (St H), Private, RAMC
- James Alexander Mc Donald (St H) Private, Dragoon Guards
- Robert Bertram Mc Donald (Gr) CSM, Labour Corps
These wills created by members of the Mc Donald family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Alexander McDonald of Huntly, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, now of St Helier, bequeaths to George Don McDonald , all his share of stock in the Buenos Ayrian Funds in his name and the name of Alexander Barclay McDonald, and to George McDonald all his share of stock in the Buenos Ayrian Funds in his name and the name of George McDonald 20 May 1847 - D/Y/A/26
- Charles McDonald, 16 New Street - 9 September 1921, D/Y/A/81