Medland family page
Emily Medland married Frederick Charles Godbolt, a soldier, in St Peter in 1892
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This name comes from the old English maed and land, or lin, creating meadowland. That must have been where the original Medland lived.
The first baptisms recorded in Jersey were in St Helier from 1843 to 1847, when four children of Thomas Medland and Sarah Atkinson were baptised.
Great War service
Sons of Thomas Alfred Medland and Mary Ann Nicolle
- George Medland (1884- ) (St H), Gunner, Royal Garrison Artillery
- James William Medland (1892- ) (St S), Private, Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry
- John Alfred Medland (1887- ) (St H) Private, Labour Corps
- John Medland Warrant Officer 1, RAMC
This will created by a member of the Medland family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- John Medland, L'Amy Retraite, Pontac, St Clement - 23 October 1946, D/Y/A/116
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs