Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Menage de Jean Le Brocq
Ville de l'Eglise, St Ouen
Type of property
16th century house extended in 18th
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Historic Environment Record entry
A single storey farm building range, of potentially early 16th century origins, retaining exterior historic character. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Former outbuilding range, later cottage. Single storey, T-plan range of buildings comprising 16th century building running east-west (with a later west extension) intersected by a 18th century wing running north-south, and forming a front garden.
Modern slate roof with stone chimney which appears to be rebuilt and may have been added at the same time as the west extension, in order to make the building habitable It is doubtful that the building would have originally been heated, it appears more likely to have been an early stables or outbuilding. Random small mixed stone construction with roughly dressed stone quoins and window dressings. The walls and some of the rough stone openings appear to be of late mediaeval construction and could possibly fit in with the date retrospectively recorded on a stone on site bearing the legend 'Le Mesnage Jean Le Brocq, Depuis 1501
Old Jersey Houses
There is an article in Vol One on Le Menage, St Ouen. It is unclear whether these are the same properties.