Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue des Nouettes, St Ouen
Type of property
Country house with 17th century origins
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Historic Environment Record entry
House, with probable 17th century origins, retaining historic character and some features.
Two-storey four-bay main house with rear, north outshut, and detached single storey outbuilding to south. East extension. Slate roof with substantial stone chimneys with dripstones. Painted render finish with a rare sun fire-mark on the facade.
Tourelle stair removed in 1959. Ground floor west room has a stone fireplace with a later bread oven inserted on right side, all now boxed-in. There is also a boxed-in beam in this room. Ground floor east room also has a boxed-in beam, no original fireplace is visible.
The upper floor rooms are lined so no features are visible. Within the loft is a late 18th or early 19th century pegged A-frame roof, the gable walls and chimney stacks show signs of great antiquity, there are some blocked-up openings.
Detached south outbuilding: the interior includes original ceiling with beams and joists, with plank loft floor above.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Old Jersey Houses
There is no article on this property. It is included in the index to Vol One, but does not appear on the page indicated. We have been unable to find any further reference.