Mills family page
Elizabeth Ann Collier, nee Mills (1866-1933), born in Australia of Jersey parents
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and family photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The name means, literally, 'son of mill', and referred to somebody living by or working in a mill
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was in the 1680s. There was then a gap until the 1750s, and another until the 1790s-1800s.
Great War service
- Charles Robert Mills (1880-1917) (St B) son of Francis and Sarah Louisa, living in Rhondda and working as miner before war, Private, West Surrey Regiment, killed in action
- Robert Mills, Private, RJGB, Not Jerseyman
- William Alexander Mills (1882- ) (St B) son of William and Louisa Jane, Private, RAMC
This will created by a member of the family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- William Mills, 6 Patriotic Place, St Helier - 18 May 1915, D/Y/A/74
- Mills burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs