Morgan family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname, of Irish origin, is said to derive from morcant, but what this meant is uncertain. It is generally accepted that it meant 'sea chief' or 'sea defender'.
James, the son of William and Mary Morgan, was baptised in St Helier in 1796. It was not until early the following century that a family became established.
Great War service
- David Jermyn Douglas Morgan (St H), Pioneer RE
- Edward Thomas Morgan (St H), Private, RAMC
- Robert John Morgan (1894- ) (St H) son of Benjamin and Susan Warren Hurley, Private, RASC
These wills created by members of the Morgan family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Patricia Morgan Baker née Auchinclass, La Maisonette, La Chasse - 24 January 1940, D/Y/A/106
- Harriet Morgan née Safford of 10 Royal Crescent, St Helier, widow of Edward Morgan - 19 October 1886, D/Y/A/46
- Susan Morgan née White, 4 Balmoral Terrace, Trinity Hill, St Helier, widow - 18 April 1941, D/Y/A/108
- Brette Morgan, 2 Fernleigh Villas, Gorey Village - 3 March 1939, D/Y/A/104
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs