Moulin family page
Pierre Marie Moulin and Jeanne, nee Pierre (see family album below)
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Moulin is French for 'mill' and the name was given either to a miller, or more likely to someone who lived near the mill.
The name first appeared in Jersey church records in 1810 with the baptism of the twin first children of Jacques and Marie Noel. There were six more children baptised over the next 15 years. The couple, who both came from Normandy, were not married until 1813, after their first four children had been baptised.
Other Moulin families in Jersey originated in Brittany.
- Moulinec, Brittany diminuitive
Great War service
- Peter M Moulin (1898-1918) son of Jean and Eliza, of St Mary, Private, Wiltshire Regiment, killed in action
- Eugene Frank Moulin (1885- ) (Gr) Son of Pierre and Jeanne, Leading Seaman RN. Baptised Pierre Marie, he changed his name before joining the Navy at the age of 14 in 1998. As his service record in the album below shows, he had a busy career in the Navy, serving on a large number of different vessels before leaving in 1923. He later worked at the Grand Hotel in Jersey as a porter.
These wills created by members of the Moulin family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Moulin : Annie , widow of Yves Le Bail, of 15, Somerset Place, St Helier - 21/Sep/1959 , 07/Feb/1972 , D/Y/B1/170/28
- Moulin : Eugene Jean , of Ignlenook, St Peter - 12/Jul/1973 , 23/Oct/1980 , D/Y/B1/333/18
- Moulin : Jean Pierre Marie , Peupliers, St Ouen - 07/Jul/1934 , 08/Nov/1934 , D/Y/A/96/127
- Moulin : Mary Alice , widow of Edouard or Edward Luce Briard, of Featherstone, 3, Beaufort Square, St Helier and formerly of Alexandra House, 42, Roseville Street, St Helier - 09/Aug/1960 , 25/Jul/1967 , D/Y/B1/110/9
- Moulin : Thomas John , of Le Gron, St Saviour, Guernsey and formerly of Slindon, 7, Elm Avenue, Ealing, Middlesex - 18/Mar/1958 , 01/Sep/1965 , D/Y/B1/89/43
Felix Gabriel Moulin, born in Grouville in 1892, the son of Pierre Marie (1852-1919) and Jeanne Marie, nee Pierre (1861-1916). After emigrating to the USA in 1910 and and becoming a naturalised American two years later, he returned to the UK and married Florence Amelia Smith (1896-1959) in London in 1917, and they had two children, Felix Eugene and Raymond William. Felix died at the age of three when he fell through a window in London
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The grave of Great War casualty Peter Moulin at Prospect Hill Cemetery, Gouy, France