Moyse family page
Alexandrinea Marie Moyse, nee Tassell (1894-1964) born in St Lawrence,the daughter of Jean Marie (1843- ) and Jeanne Marie, nee Le Roi (1867- ), wife of Stanley Arthur Moyse
If you can help with information about the Moyse family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name is derived from the biblical character Moses, which is also a family name present in Jersey.
Moise and Moyse were common personal names in the island before the arrival of the Moyse family. Both spellings appear in the registers as family names, often within the same family group, and we have standardised on Moyse.
Although they arrived in the island at more or less the same time - the 1820s - the Moyse and Moses families are quite distinct.
- Moses, a separate family
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Moyse family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Moyse : Alan Cyril , of Banksia, Patier Lane, Chasse Brunet, St Saviour - 17/Mar/1950 , 22/Sep/1975 , D/Y/B1/228/44
- Moyse : Claude , of 36, Clubley Estate, St Helier - 05/Nov/1976 , 05/Nov/1976 , D/Y/B1/248/46
- Moyse : Edward Ernest , Terminus Hotel, St Aubin, St Brelade - 20/Nov/1923 , 10/Nov/1939 , D/Y/A/105/89
- Moyse : Emma Elizabeth , 33 Roseville Street, St Helier - 27/Jun/1940 , 22/Apr/1942 , D/Y/A/109/93
- Moyse : May Ruby , widow of John Henry Queree, of Sea Breeze, Millbrook, St Helier - 20/Mar/1978 , 17/May/1978 , D/Y/B1/279/24
- Moyse : Sydney James , of 32, Great Union Road, St Helier - 30/Sep/1955 , 06/Mar/1961 , D/Y/B1/63/32
- Moyse : Wilfred Randolph , of 9, Victoria Crescent, Upper Midvale Road, St Helier - 16/Oct/1964 , 02/Apr/1976 , D/Y/B1/237/43
George Moyse, born at First Tower, St Helier, in 1900, married Lydia Josephine Claudine Winnifred Boudin (1901- ), emigrated to Australia and had a daughter Lydia in 1926, but were back in Jersey before the start of the German Occupation
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs