Noel and Porter
Clement Noel and William Porter, the husband of his first cousin Mary Ann Noel, went into partnership as drapers in 1871. The business grew and a memorandum of association was drawn up in 1888.
They acquired London House, King Street, and Don House, Don Street.
On 28 June 1890, as reported in the recently launched Evening Post, the business purchased the stock of Sorel and Le Boutillier, plain and fancy drapers, from the heirs.
On 1 February 1953 the business was sold to Frederick Baker and Sons and Peter Baker became managing director.
In 1966 British Home Stores purchased the premises.
Jersey Archive holds a collection of business records relating to the formation of the company, board minutes, lists of shareholders, accounts and a scrapbook of news cuttings.