Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue de Sorel, St John
Type of property
Farm with possible 16th century origins
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Sterling: In 1941 Frederick John Sterling (1897- ) was living here
- PAB 1743 ELM - For Philippe Aubert and Elizabeth Le Mestre, who married in St Helier in 1725 
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group which retains its overall historic proportions and character externally. The stonework to the farm house demonstrates the development of the dwelling through the centuries. Significant in its possible 16th century origins.
The group contributes to the rural roadside setting.
The building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795 with possible 16th century origins.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included in either volume
Notes and references
- ↑ The bride's name is spelt Le Mestre in the register, not Le Maistre, as shown by HER, as copied from the Datestone Register. Although we have found the marriage record, we have not been able to place the couple in any of our Aubert trees