Peirson Road

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Peirson Road, named in honour of Major Francis Peirson, the hero of the Battle of Jersey, is the last built-up road on the west of the town of St Helier. On it's eastern side there is a fine row of Victorian houses, leading inland to Cheapside from the Grand Hotel. On the opposite side is the Triangle Park, which is now home to the statue of Queen Victoria which used to stand in gardens at the Weighbridge

This Francis Foot photograph from the early years of the 20th century was captioned Pierson Road. He could be forgiven for the incorrect spelling, because it was until after 1915 that almanacs began to spell Major Peirson's name correctly and offical road signs in the area were altered

Businesses

Personal tools
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs