Perrier family page
Ann Perrier (1839– ), daughter of Jean and Marguerite Lucas, of St Ouen, and married to John Seager (1841-1916) - photograph by Charles Ouless
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
The name, although very similar to Perrée, is thought to have a somewhat different derivation, the source being the ancient French for carrier. It could also be used for someone who engraved or sold stone and was a name for a quarry.
Further suggestions are that it is linked to a place name in Normandy, or referred to someone who lived by a pear tree.
It is a common name in Normandy although there are no records there of the name in medieval times.
- Andrew Perier was born in Jersey in 1463
The name, usually spelt Perier, was very common in Jersey from the 17th century onwards. Today it is apparently only spelt Perrier.
- Perier, 1331
- Perrier 1607
- Perir 1515
- Le Perey c1340
- Perrer 1309
Great War service
- Alfred J Perrier (1883- ) son of Armand and Marie (Gr) Sergeant RE
- Arthur John Perrier (1899- ) (St S) son of John and Elize, Gunner RGA
- Francis A Perrier (1880- )(Gr) son of Armand and Marie, husband of Susan, Gunner RE, wounded
- John de Carteret Perrier (1874- ) (Gr) son of Charles and Eliza, husband of Eliza, Private, Royal Defence Corps
These wills created by members of the Perrier family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Betsy Perrier of St Ouen - 22 March 1876, D/Y/A/39
- Jean Perrier of St Ouen, Vingtaine de Léoville 3 May 1823 - D/Y/A/19
- Armand Perrier, Grouville - 2 April 1927, D/Y/A/87
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs