Perry family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
In Medieval England this was somebody who lived by a pear orchard, or owned one.
The name has a completely different derivation in Wales, where ap Henry (son of Henry) morphed into 'Perry'
The first Jersey baptism on record is that of Susan Jane, daughter of Philip Perry and Marie de Camp, in St Helier in 1835. They had no further children. In 1844 the first of seven children of Henry Perry and Mary Nash was baptised in the same parish.
- Perree, entirely different from the Jersey surname which has French origins and is derived from Pierre
Great War service
Sons of Charles Mollett Perry and Charlotte Elizabeth Bottomley
- Charles Edward Perry (1891- ) (St H) OV, Private, Worcester Regiment
- George John Noel Perry (1896- ) (St H) Private, Labour Corps
- John Thomas Perry, Sapper, Australian Engineers
- Philip Perry (St O), Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
These wills created by members of the Perry family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Priscilla Perry of Beethoven, Poonah Road, St Helier - 28 May 1948, D/Y/A/119
- Lewis Perry, 46 The Esplanade, St Helier - 23 January 1946, D/Y/A/115