Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue du Crocquet, St Aubin
Type of property
17th century High Street merchant's town house. Became a hotel in the 20th century
Sold in 2015 for £845,000
Families associated with the property
Historic Environment Record entry
A very fine merchants house circa 1690 with possible earlier origins, forming one of a terrace of similar properties, overlooking St Aubin's harbour.
The front entrances were originally on the east and are now on the west on to Rue du Crocquet.
Retains considerable original historic fabric and features both externally and internally. Important historic associations with the Dean, Francois Jeune, 1806-1886, later Bishop of Peterborough after whom this house was named, because he was born here.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Late 17th century, circa 1690 and 18th century. Hotel, former merchant house. Mid terrace, three storeys plus attic and basement.
Old Jersey Houses
Originally went down to seafront on south