Ramier family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
We have been unable to find any derivation for either variant of this surname.
Ramier firest appeared in St Helier in 1766 with the baptism of Jean, son of Claude and Sara Bruton, who were married in St Martin earlier in the year. Ramie, which appears to be a separate family, was much later, appearing in St Helier in 1827.
Great War service
- Herbert Ramie (1882- ) (Gr) in boys' home at early age, Private, Royal Marine Light Infantry
These wills created by members of the Ramie family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Charlotte Ramié née Romeril, 5 Kensington Place, St Helier bequeaths to The Jersey Society for the Blind £100; to The Jersey Home for Aged and Infirm Women £25; to the Jersey Female Orphans Home £25 - 26 June 1917, D/Y/A/76
- Charles Ramié of Rutland Lodge, New Malden, county of Surrey - 10 December 1888, D/Y/A/47
- Charles Ramié of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier, £1 16 February 1860 - D/Y/A/30
- William Ramié of St Lawrence, now of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier, 5s 30 December 1861 - D/Y/A/30