Robin family page
This family name is famous in Jersey because of Charles Robin, founder of the Gaspé fishing industry in Canada
Min Robin, nee Le Page, 1891
If you can help with information about the Robin family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
Robin is short for Robert and the surname was derived from the given name
Benest Robin was born in Jersey about 1556 and married a Miss Balleine, daughter of Nicolas and Marie, in 1581
The family of Robin is said by de la Chesnaye-des-Bois, in his Armorial, to be descended ex Comitihus Robini, of Rome, Vivans dans le x ∫iecle avec eclat et ∫plendeur. Guy Robin, the founder of the family in France, accompanied Philip-Augustus to the Holy Land. He was buried at Vienne, in Dauphine.
The Jersey branch of the family has been settled in the island from time immemorial. By the Extente of 1331, it appears that Raulin Robin was a landowner in the Parish of St Brelade, and one of the jurymen thereof, deputed to ascertain the Crown dues in that parish : the same record shows Richard and Raulin Robin to have performed the like office in the Parish of St Lawrence.
In 1715 Raulin Robin was Lieutenant-Bailly of Jersey.
For several centuries this family has been located at St Brelade, in the church of which parish exist a number of monuments to the memory of its members.
On the south wing of the General Hospital of St Helier are sculptured the arms of Robin, which was built at the cost of this house. It possesses large tracts of land at St John, Newfoundland, having been one of the earliest Jersey firms which developed the important fisheries of that territory.
- Robin, 1749, 1668, 1607, 1528, 1479, 1331, 1329, 1274
- Descendants of Jean Robin, inaccuracies in the early generations
- Descendants of Johan Robin, more accurate version of the above
- Descendants of Collas Robin
- Descendants of Charles Robin
- Descendants of Pierre Robin
- History of the Robin family in Jersey
- Charles Robin, founder of Gaspé fishing business in Canada
- Robin family history, by the Rev J A Messervy, published in 1907
Société Jersiaise Library records
- Bertram records in La Société Jersiaise Library, including references to members of the Robin family Added 2018
- Robin family records in La Société Jersiaise Library Added 2018
Great War service
- Robin Brothers, a King Street bank
Mr Robin photographed by Ernest Baudoux
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The grave of Great War casualty Charles Harold Robin at Albuera Cemetery, Bailleur-Sire-Berthoult