Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue de La Ville es Renauds, Grouville
Type of property
Two single-storey cottages dating back to 17th century
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Rebours: In 1941 Jean Francois Rebours (1883- ), his wife Hilda Julia Elizabeth, nee Henry (1883- ) and their children Georgiana (1924- ) and Cecil Sylvester (1927- ) were living here
- Rondel: Also living here in 1941 were Stanley Thomas Rondel (1891- ) and his wife Lydia Ann, nee Amy (1888- )
Historic Environment Record entry
A row of cottages, perpendicular to the road, of the single-storey form characteristic of the St Clement and Grouville coastal area. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
No 1 is five-bay, single storey. Stone walls, stone quoins at corner of original cottage. New stone extension with front door to east. Window surrounds mainly in brick although several original quoin stones survive. Rendered door surround.
No 2 is six-bay, single storey, roof converted in 21st century. Comprises three parts - a 17th century section, a 19th century section and a 21st century extension (at the rear). Stone chimneys on 17th century section with dripstones. Stone walls are random rubble with dressed stone tapered quoins, also marking corner of 17th century section. Window surrounds mainly in brick although several original upright stones survive. Quoined door surround with upright at base. Rendered door and window surrounds on 19th century section.