Roussel family page
This is mainly a Guernsey rather than Jersey family
Anne Roussel married Jean Le Dain in St Helier in 1774
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origin of Surname
From the given name Rousel, a diminutive of the Old French roux - red, for someone with red hair or a ruddy (red) complexion.
This is essentially a Guernsey family and the tree below shows the main descendancies in the island, as well as the small number of Roussels who moved to Jersey.
Guernsey family trees
These wills created by members of the Roussel family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Florence Roussel of St Helier 30 January 1767 - D/Y/A/11
- Michel Roussel of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier, £32 of the order of the King 8 October 1832 - D/Y/A/22
- Frederick Roussel, bequeaths to the poor of his parish, £5 of French currency 17 June 1830 - D/Y/A/21
- Jean Roussel, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier, £1 sterling 9 November 1812 - D/Y/A/18
- Reine Roussel, Highlands, Coin Motier, St Lawrence - 28 July 1934, D/Y/A/96
- Peter Roussel, West View Cottage, St Martin - 18 August 1922, D/Y/A/82
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs