Sinnatt family page
Frank Sturdy Sinnatt, born in Jersey in 1881, son of Francis and Sarah, husband of Louise Midgley Badger
If you can help with information about the Sinnatt family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname started with the personal name Sigenoth, from the elements sige = 'victory' and noth = 'brave'
This name first appeared in the St Helier register in 1818, for the baptism of George, son of George Sinatt and Mary Elizabeth Hepburn. They had 12 more children baptised in the parish over the next 18 years.
All Sinnatt baptisms and births up to 1900 were in St Helier.
- Descendants of Jacob Sinnatt
- Descendants of Jacob Sinnatt - 2, an extended tree from a different source
- Descendants of George Sinnatt
Great War service
- William Hardie Sinnatt (1886-1916) son of William Henry Sinnatt and Hannah, from Jersey, L-Cpl, Liverpool Regiment, killed in action
- Frank Sturdy Sinnatt (1880-1943) Captain RE
- Oliver Sturdy Sinnatt MC (1883-1965) Captain, London Regiment, attached to RAF, MC citation not found
These wills created by members of the Sinnatt family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Douglas Sinnat of 40 La Motte Street, St Helier - 1 October 1948, D/Y/A/120
- Jacob Sinnatt of Hampshire, England, now of St Helier - 26 October 1874, D/Y/A/37
- John Sinnatt, Le Chalet, Havre des Pas, St Helier - 25 April 1925, D/Y/A/85
- John Sinnatt, Malta House, Grosvenor Street, St Helier, bequeaths to Douglas Lipscombe Sinnatt the goodwill of his business as undertaker carried out at 40 La Motte Street, St Helier - 5 December 1928, D/Y/A/88
- George Sinnatt, St Clement - 27 September 1937, D/Y/A/101
Notable family members
Sinnatt burial records:Sinnatt and Sons' funeral accounts books
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs